Stock Market Prediction Challenge
A challenge is available to W. Frank Barton School of Business Students at Wichita State University to make the most accurate prediction of what the closing value of the S&P 500 will be on Friday, August 30, 2019. The deadline for student submissions is March 1, 2019.
This challenge was also issued to business professionals for the same closing date. Deadlie for professions submissions is also March 1, 2019.
- Complimentary ticket to the 2019 , 40th Annual Kansas Economic Outlook Conference in October 2019.
- Recognition - Award presented on stage at the event and on the CEDBR website
- Major Networking Opportunity - As an attendee at the event, you will have access over 800 state and local business leaders
- The deadline is open until March 1, 2019.
- If selected as the winner of the challenge, attend the 2019, 40th Annual Kansas Economic Outlook Conference (October 3, 2019) in order to receive the award.
- Business Professionals
- The deadline is open until March 1, 2019
- If selected as the winner of the challenge, attend the 2019, 40th Annual Kansas Economic Outlook Conference (October 3, 2019) in order to receive the award
In January 2018 we launched a competition among Wichita State University students challenging them to submit their prediction for the closing value of the S&P 500 on August 31st, 2018. We would like to recognize the following individual for providing the most accurate prediction for this challenge. Congratulations, Vyvian Koh! He was recognized on stage at the 39th Annual Kansas Economic Outlook Conference on Thursday, October 4, 2018.
In addition, this year we also asked the business community for their predictions. Ryan Schrack, Director of Community Development for the city of Valley Center, won this year and was also recognized onstage during the ceremony.